The Kingdom of Fife in Scotland Will Delight And Enchant You!
The Kingdom of Fife on the east coast of Scotland, is a part of the country that will delight and enchant you. It is just a 'wee' distance over the
Forth Bridges from the capital Edinburgh, and not too far from the gateway to the Highlands.
This small region in Scotland, that I not only love, but am also proud to call home, is genuinely known as "The Kingdom of Fife
, with several Royal Burghs within it. For centuries it has had many royal connections; from ancient kings and queens, to more recently the handsome Prince William (2nd in line to the British throne, and son of Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana) studied for his degree at St Andrews
Fife has produced a number of famous people, from Andrew Carnegie, the great Philanthropist from Dunfermline
to Prime Minister Gordon Brown who was raised in the town of Kirkcaldy. He wasn't born here, but represents the town in Parliament and still considers Fife his home.
The Kingdom of Fife is truly a gem of a place, a jewel in Scotland’s crown, with numerous delights to attract every visitor whether local or from around the world. There's something for the young, and the "young at heart"; for those who enjoy the luxuries of life as well as those on a budget.
What will you find in the Kingdom? You'll discover:-
- Rolling pastureland, quaint villages with charming stone cottages.
- History, abbeys,
castles and palaces.
- Beautiful scenery, lovely coastline with charming fishing ports, interesting wildlife and fabulous beaches.
- Dozens of sports and of course the Home of golf at St Andrews.
- Delicious, traditional food, and award-winning Places to Eat.
- Arts & crafts, and modern sculptures.
- All things Scottish eg. Highland Games, Music, Tartan, or kilts, clans and other Scottish Products such as Celtic Jewellery & Cashmere; as well as information on Scottish customs such as Hogmanay, and Burns Supper.
This ancient Kingdom has managed effortlessly to remain loyal to its heritage whilst still embracing the modern world of the 21st century.
Let me share with you the joys and captivating treasures of my homeland. The Kingdom is a delightful place, both to live and work, to retire to, to visit and even invest in. Meet the people; hear the sounds; taste the foods; enter into the culture and join the Kingdom experience.
If you are from outside Fife, please explore the site to help you plan your Vacation, by checking out the best time to visit, and our weather, and become familiar with our currency, and other general information when travelling overseas.
The current time in Scotland
What's New at scotlands-enchanting-kingdom.com?
I am constantly adding new pages, so keep up to date with my Blog where you can see all the latest entries.
- The Scotland Blog
- Scotland's Enchanting Kingdom, the Kingdom of Fife, is stuffed full of wonderful treasures, people and places. Join us on our adventure.
- Site Map
- Site Map of Scotland's Enchanting Kingdom
- Free Scottish Ecards
- Free Scottish Ecards
- Books and Music
- Several categories in this Bookstores to enable you to buy the appropriate Scotttish Books and Music - from Maps and Guides, History, Dictionary as well as Tradtional Music and DVDs
- Plan Your Scottish Vacation
- Travel hints and tips to help you plan your Scottish Vacation
- Travel to Scotland
- Hints and tips to help guide you prepare to Travel to Scotland from overseas, by plane, train, bus, car or ferry.
- Travel Around Scotland
- Hints and tips to choose the best way to Travel Around Scotland, using bus, coach, train, car, chauffeur, Tour, flying and ferry
- Climate Map of Scotland
- Map of Fife and Scotland , weather forecast and discussing the climate map of scotland
- Kingdom of Fife News
- The opportunity for individuals and organsisations to share their Kingdom of Fife News
- Your Memories
- Invitation for you to share your memories of your trip or visit to the Kingdom of Fife in Scotland
- Kingdom of Fife
- Questions and answers about the Kingdom of Fife in Scotland
- Things to do in Fife
- There are so many things to do in Fife, such as cycling, walking, sports, Art Galleries and Museums, glorious historical sites, Gardens, Parks and Entertainment, Beaches and Visitor Attractions.
- Things to see and do in Scotland
- Culross, Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy, Glenrothes, Anstruther, Pittenweem, St Andrews, Auchtermuchty and Falkland are some of the things to see and do in Scotland.
- Golf at St Andrews
- Golf at St Andrews courses THE place to play golf. It is the 'Home' of Golf, a long and great history and renowned for being one of the greatest in the world.
- Images of Fife Scotland
- A place to share your photographs and images of Fife Scotland (the Enchanting Kingdom)
- Eat Out In Fife
- Introduction to a Directory of places to eat out in Fife
- Places to Eat In Fife
- The opportunity for YOU to review Restaurants, Pubs, Coffee Shops, Tea Rooms, Fish'n'Chip Shops, Take Away or other places to eat in Fife.
- Authentic Scottish Food Recipes
- Porridge, scotch broth, haggis, stovies, scotch pancakes, shortbread, clootie dumpling and tablet are some of the many authentic Scottish food recipes featured.
- Scottish Recipes
- Scottish recipes contributed by visitors from around the world. Please contribute yours too!
- Tradtional Scottish Recipes Ebook
- Become a master of Scottish cuisine! This 112 page eBook is crammed full of easy to follow tasty recipes
- Homecoming Scotland
- Homecoming Scotland is the great event of 2009 to encourage all Affinity Scots to visit that year and beyond: to promote the
- Famous 20th Century Scots
- Gordon Brown, Andrew Carnegie, Jack Vettriano, The Proclaimers, Jimmy Shand are famous 20th century Scots from Fife. JM Barrie, Sean Connery and Alexander Bell are from elsewhere in Scotland.
- Scottish Customs and Traditions
- A glimpse into some of the Scottish Customs and Traditions from Hogmanay to our language and flags.
- Highland Games Categories
- Brief outline of Highland Games Categories
- Scottish Plaid Information
- A look at Scottish Plaid Information and all things tartan, from kilts to other clothes and gifts.
- Find A Scottish Poem
- Find a Scottish poem "The Cooper of Fife "on this page and links to poems by Rabbie Burns and other Scottish poets.
- Scottish Poetry
- Scottish Poetry contributed by visitors from around the world. Please contribute yours too!
- Build Your Own Website
- Build your own website that really works: one that brings warm, targeted traffic
- Advertise your business & website with Scotland's Enchanting Kingdom
- A variety of articles on various topics related in some way to Scotland's Enchanting Kingdom. Contibute your own article.
- Local Businesses
- Information on local Businesses in the Kingdom of Fife
- Sign up for Proclamation from the Kingdom of Fife in Scotland, our regular newsletter or ezine.
- Guest Book
- Sign the Guest Book for Scotland's Enchanting Kingdom
- Contact form for Scotland's Enchanting Kingdom
- Please contact Scotland's Enchanting Kingdom
Contact Updates Home Page
What People Say About This Site!
"Your site is a delightful virtual tour through the enchanting kingdom of Fife. Now that I've been to your site several times, I am developing a desire to visit your wonderful corner of the earth. I hope to be able to plan my trip in the near future."
"Your site is full of treasure that is worth searching for. It is informative and so obvious that you appreciate all your visitors old and new. Your site is a credit to the Kingdom of Fife and well worth visiting."
"This website has become our "Scottish Bible", our reference book for understanding Scottish culture. We relocated to Scotland (Aberdeenshire)from continental Europe about 5 years ago and never would have believed beforehand how interesting and different Scottish life and traditions are compared to our home countries Germany and Hungary."
"I really love to go through this site again and again"
Advertise With Us!
Translate this page!