Ways to travel to Scotland from USA

by Wendy Jorgensen
(Gonzales, LA USA)


My name is Wendy and I am looking for different ways to travel to Scotland for the summer of 2009. I am in school and will be traveling around the middle of May 2009 to complete a summer semester at University of Dundee. Instead of an airflight, are there any other means of travel to get there? Thank you in advance for your contemplation on my question!

Comments for Ways to travel to Scotland from USA

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jul 30, 2008
Unusual Question
by: May

Hi Wendy

This really is an unusual question as most people assume they will fly across the Atlantic. However, as well as those who hate flying anyway, I think more people especially Americans, are nervous of flying after the events of 9/11.

So, your question could indeed be one that others might ask. The only way I personally know of crossing the Atlantic other than flying is to go on the P & O Ship Queen Mary, which sails backwards and forwards from Southampton on the south coast of England to New York.

This way of travel takes 6 days each way, and the QM2 is a 5* Cruise Ship. It is not cheap - about £900 ($1800) each way for the cheapest inside cabins. But what a way to travel! Of course people would have to get to New York, and you can get to Scotland from Southampton by plane, train, bus or car.

You can find out about this cruise by contacting your Local Travel Agent or looking up the P & O website.

I hope this is helpful


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Questions about Scotland's Enchanting Kingdom.